There is no better way than a statement 4D number plate to add personality and style to your vehicle.
4D number plates are 100% road legal and highly durable, thanks to the tough acrylic. At Bespoke Plates, we offer a simple way for you to add a new look to your vehicle without the costly price tag that modifications can command. We can help you choose the perfect new accessory for your car, van, lorry, or motorbike with various design options.
Made-to-order 4D number plates that modernise any vehicle
4D number plates are created by applying 3D characters to number plates and then surrounding them with a 4D gel to create a block finish that screams premium design. Our products are made in our own workshop by our team of talented motoring experts.
Each order can be made entirely bespoke to your requirements, with different finishes and depths available to choose from.
When designing your 4D plate, you have the option to choose:
- Style – Select from 4D 3mm, 5mm, or gel letters. All are applied using a high-strength adhesive. Check out our product gallery or select the relevant option to see how they look.
- Legal or Show Plate – Either a legal or a show plate. Show plates are not legal to use for daily driving and are for decorative, promotional purposes only.
- Plate Type – Choose if you require both sets of plates, front & rear, or one side only.
- Tinted – Add a tinted look to your plate by selecting this extra
- Border – Choose whether or not you would like a bordered design
- Side Badges – Choose if you would like a Union Jack or Scotland side badge
By offering a high degree of personalisation, from the letters you choose right to the finish of your plate, we guarantee that we can meet any design requirement you may have.
Plate depth to make your number plate stand out
Professionally laser cut using ultimate precision, our 4D number plates boast 3D characters that are finished with a professional-grade acrylic.
Not only does this offer a striking design, but they also stand out even more during tough weather, enhancing the safety of your vehicle. We pride ourselves on the clarity of our crystal-clear acrylic and statement characters to ensure that your plate is of the best quality.
What are the benefits of choosing a 4D plate?
There are lots of reasons to choose a 4D design, but some of our top ones are:
- Plates are reinforced, meaning they are more durable than standard ones. No more lost plates, thanks to minor knocks and power-washing instances!
- The sleek look gives any vehicle a modern and premium.
- Numbers and letters are highly visible, increasing the safety of your vehicle on the road. This helps other road users, as well as pedestrians and cyclists.
What is the difference between 3D and 4D number plates?
3D plates are made with polyurethane gel resin which provides a smooth finish, and a slick raised profile due to the letters underneath. 4D number plates are finished with a solid acrylic which provides a flat surface with 3D letters beneath.
We are pleased to offer both varieties of plates. Quality is also assured with both products, so it simply comes down to your personal preference in design.
To view our selection of professional 3D Plates, click here.
1. Which documents do I need to send?
The process is simple as long as you are the registered vehicle owner. To invest in a new 4D plate, you will need to provide us with:
- Proof that you are the owner using either the V5C or V5CNI logbook, V5C/2 or V5C/2NI new keeper slip, or the V778 certificate.
- A form of ID which proves your name and identity, such as your driving license, passport, or a utility bill
All data and records are kept completely secure when you provide us with access. By checking these documents, we are also meeting legal motoring standards, which contributes to the safety of your new plate.
2. How fast will I receive my 4D Number Plate?
We aim to provide all products within 1-3 working days so that you can enjoy your new product as soon as possible.
The ordering process has been streamlined on our website to ensure that all relevant options are available for you to choose right from the start. We also have a team to help you with any further questions from Monday-Friday, 9 am – 5 pm.
Once your order has been submitted, and we are able to produce your new 3D plate, we will provide you with any updates or amendments to your delivery as soon as we are aware.
We do also offer same-day collections and a full fittings service as our aim is to tailor your individual experience to the service that you require.
3. Is the 4D plate road legal?
Our 4d plate designs are all 100% street legal and comply with the British Standard for Number Plates (BS AU 145e). All plates are also complete with relevant markings and words to ensure that the end result is entirely compliant. As professional producers of bespoke solutions, we guarantee that every product is legal.
Our customisable options and bespoke finishes are only offered as they meet these strict standards. We also use an alignment bar when producing your 4D plate to assure that legal spacing and alignment have been achieved as part of a quality promise to our customers.
With Bespoke Plates, we don’t want you to spend unnecessary time researching your product. Instead, we have already done the work for you.
4. Is a 4D plate MOT compliant?
As mentioned, 4D number plates are fully legal and will pass an MOT if they meet the specifications outlined.
If your personalised plate is, however, made to a different colour, finish, or features different character spacing, you will fail the MOT. We not only ensure that plates meet the required standard, but our high-quality finish also exceeds these regulations as we want to make sure that you never experience issues with your Bespoke Plates product.
5. How is the 4D Number Plate made?
Our 4D number plates are made in 4 simple steps.
Firstly, we let you choose your design using our online ordering form, which covers all components that make up your plate.
Next, we produce a standard number as your personalised plate still needs to be the same colour and size. This also allows us to use the plate as a guide for your 3D letters
We then install your digits using an industrial-strength adhesive, ensuring that letters are entirely secure. They are then left to dry and cure fully.
Finally, we coat it in clear acrylic and leave it to harden. Once ready, we smooth the edges and ensure your plate is ready for installation.
Just like that, your new 4D accessory is ready to fit.