3D Number Plates
Design your 3D Gel Plate
- Plate Type – Choose if you require number plates for both the front and rear sides of your vehicle or just the one.
- Tinted – Select if you would like a slick tinted finish to the number plate or not.
- Border design – Choose if you would like a border on your 3D number plate.
- Side Badge – Choose if you would like a Union Jack or Scottish side badge
- Fitting Kit – Choose if you would like a fitting kit such as sticky pads or a screw pack.
- Number Plate Holder – Choose if you would like a black number plate holder or not
Are gel plates legal?
The latest update to UK number plate rules was released in 2021. The DVLA created these outlines to improve road safety, minimise the number of illegal vehicle activities, and clear up any confusion drivers were expressing. The industry is worth £2 billion in the UK alone, so it’s not like the government wants the trade to just come to a stand-still.
The legal terms that a number plate must adhere to are:
- be made from a reflective material – for road safety
- black display characters on a white background (front plate)
- black display characters on a yellow background (rear plate)
- not have a background pattern – so as not to distort the readability of your plate
- be marked to show who supplied the number plate – to assist with thefts and sourcing queries
- be marked with a British Standard number – this is ‘BS AU 145e’ for plates fitted after 1 September 2021
- The characters must not be removable or reflective. If your number plates were fitted after 1 September 2021, they must also be a single shade of black.
What are the benefits of choosing a 3D number plate?
- Plates are reinforced with tough acrylic, meaning they are more durable than standard ones.
- The sleek look gives any vehicle a modern finish.
- Numbers and letters are highly visible, increasing the safety of your vehicle on the road. This helps other road users, as well as pedestrians and cyclists.
Are you looking for a show plate?
What is the difference between a 3D and 4D number plate?
Why should I choose a 3D plate from Bespoke Plates?
- Proof that you are the owner using either the V5C or V5CNI logbook, V5C/2 or V5C/2NI new keeper slip, or the V778 certificate.
- A form of ID which proves your name and identity, such as your driving license, passport, or a utility bill
An illegal number plate is one which is incorrectly displayed. It could contain the wrong spacings, font, colours, style, material, and so on.
If your vehicle is displaying illegal or incorrectly displayed number plates, you could be fined up to £1,000 and your vehicle will fail its MOT test.
If you are a first-time offender, police will issue you with a ‘vehicle defect rectification notice’, giving you 14 days to get the plate made legal and get the form stamped by an official supplier, which then gets handed in to your local police station.
It is important to keep your private plate clean: if it gets cloned by criminals, you could receive speeding tickets or parking fines that do not belong to you. If this happens, return the tickets and fines to the issuing authority, and explain what happened, providing any evidence to prove this.
You should also contact the DVLA and the police if your private plate gets cloned, so they can retain this information in their records and help you
Our office opening hours are 9-5 Monday-Friday, except on national holidays at which our offices will be closed. If you wish to contact us outside of these hours, we are available 24/7 via emails and live chat.
As the materials we use are at the very highest of quality, every style of plate comes with a 12 MONTHS WARRANTY, this includes UV protection, lamination peel + raised letter adhesive. (one of the only companies to offer such an extensive warranty).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in contacting us on email@example.com
For change of delivery address requests, we are able to change the address at any time before the order has been dispatched, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to amend the delivery address.